T-Top Plumbing Co, Inc. has provided Ventura and Los Angeles area businesses with the highest-quality commercial leak detection services in the region. Pinpointing the location of an undetected leak is difficult even inside a residential property. You need a plumber with the right tools and equipment to find and repair the leak. Now, considering the size of a commercial building in comparison to a residential home, then factoring in how much more extensive a commercial property’s plumbing system is since it services more people, you can understand how important leak detection is to businesses, apartments, offices, medical facilities, hotels, warehouses and other commercial properties.
Why You Need Commercial Leak Detection Services
All leaks worsen over time. It doesn’t matter if we’re talking about your car’s passenger-side front tire or a building’s plumbing. The holes where the leak sprung become bigger and more problems or structural damage is inevitable.
Most leaks in a commercial building fly under the radar. Since they’re concealed by drywall or wood, the sound of dripping is seldom heard. The first sign of visible damage might be a wet spot appearing on ceiling, wall, or concrete slab. By this time, there might already a considerable amount of unseen damage to the structure.
Not Every Commercial Leak Detection Service is the Same
Regrettably, not every leak technician is equal. Commercial leak detection is a highly sophisticated process blending the ideal experience, training, and technology.
The commercial plumbers at T-Top Plumbing Co, Inc. have undergone extensive leak detection training. Our plumbers have certifications from a number of comprehensive training courses they’ve completed.
We also have vast on-the-field leak detection experience. We know that joints, connections, and high-traffic areas are some of the most common areas to find a leak in a commercial building.
This experience coupled with our state-of-the-art video pipe inspection equipment and tools allows us to examine the interior condition of pipes hidden away behind walls and down in the flooring.
In addition to these cameras attached to long fiber-optic cables, our plumbers are also equipped with some of the most advanced electronic leak detection equipment on the market – ground microphones, acoustic listening discs, thermal scanners, and more.
All of this lets our plumbers pinpoint precisely where the problem is – whether the leak is under pavement or concrete, within walls, in a sprinkler system, in a sewer line, in the main water line, or a lateral line. From there, we can fix the leak with minimal disruption to the building and your business, tenants, or guests.
We also use underground radar surveys to locate utilities such as sewer, water, electric, and gas to further keep the building’s occupants safe and comfortable with minimal disruption.
Costly commercial water line leaks can be found in any of the following areas:
- Service Lines – This is the main water line supplying your building with water. These lines can reside beneath your landscaping, parking lot, sidewalks, and driveways. T-Top Plumbing Company, Inc. may be able to provide trenchless pipe repair in this instance. This “no dig” technology lets us access this line for repairs with minimal digging or excavation needed.
- Slab Leaks – This leak occurs in the water pipes underneath a building’s foundation or the concrete slab it rests on. This leak can often go undetected for a very long time and has the potential to inflict major property damage.
- Basements and Crawl Spaces – Plumbing leaks generally find a path of least resistance where water can accumulate unseen. Water polling under a basement or crawl space can damage structural wood and result in unpleasant odors.
- Walls and Floors -Hot and cold plumbing lines will often leak inside walls and floors.
- Miscellaneous – Other leak vulnerability points include toilets, sinks, and tubs, medical/dental equipment feed lines, HVAC hydronic lines or condensate pans, beverage dispensers and ice machines, washing machines, dishwashers, and aging valves or pipes to name a few.
No More Search & Destroy Leak Repair
Thanks to our experience and advanced leak detection technology, our specialists can identify and isolate the leak’s location to potentially save our commercial customers a lot of money in hit or miss digging or busting out drywall to attempt a leak repair.
The era of “search and destroy” leak repair and the unnecessary costs associated with this method is over as long as you work with a company like T-Top Plumbing with modern leak detection equipment and skills.
We can detect a leak without ever having to rip open a wall, tear down a ceiling, or dig a trench unless there’s positive confirmation of the leak’s location. We do not roll the dice or fish for the problem. We rely on the information we’ve gathered through our experience, technology, and tools to ensure proper procedures are followed.
NEED COMMERCIAL LEAK DETECTION IN LOS ANGELES?
We here at T-Top Plumbing Co, Inc. like to think of ourselves as having the ability to detect leaks other less experienced and equipped commercial plumbers can’t. Whether you’re running a business or you’re leasing/renting out space in a commercial building to tenants, plumbing problems can cause a lot of problems.
They can cost you money, jeopardize the safety and comfort of your customers or occupants, and compromise the structural integrity of your building.
There are other serious and costly implications as well – they include:
- Business Disruptions & Shutdowns
- Temporary Displacement of Tenants
- Associated Cleanup & Repair Costs
- Damage Spreading to Multiple Units
- Insurance Premium Spikes
- Decreased Building Ratings or Poor Reviews
If you suspect a leak in your commercial property, please do not hesitate to contact us through the form here or call us today at (805) 527-8867 to schedule an appointment with a Los Angeles leak detection expert.